Position Title : Safe Zone Assistants
Duty Station : Athens and Thessaloniki
Classification : Ungraded position, attractive remuneration package
Type of Appointment : Special short-term contract
Under the overall supervision of the Program Manager, and the direct supervision of the Safe Zones Program Coordinator, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Assists with the coordination of the activities related to the provision of assistance and protection of unaccompanied minors within the safe zones;
• Oversees the administration of the Program, including budget allocations and expenditures;
• Proposes, produces and follows up management tools such as logbooks, guidance notes etc.;
• Assists with onsite monitoring visits, provides feedback internally to Safe Zones Coordinator and writes reports;
• Maintains regular communication with donors, implementing partners in Greece as well as with Greek national authorities related with the migration and asylum of unaccompanied minors;
• Organizes working meetings with the Program’s relevant stakeholders also keeping minutes in English;
• Secures project implementation according to IOM rules and regulations (to include procurement, non-conflict of interest etc.);
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University with 2 years of relevant working experience. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
• Experience in child protection would be considered as an advantage;
• Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international institutions;
• Strong organizational, facilitation, communication, writing and presentations skills;
• Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment;
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
• Strong work ethics and commitment to humanitarian principles.
Fluency in English and Greek is required.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV and Cover Letter) in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org email address, quoting the vacancy notice number CFCV GR 20/75 by 19th June, 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.