Position Title : Legal Assistants
Duty Station : Athens, Thessaloniki, Patra
Classification : Ungraded position, attractive remuneration package
Type of Appointment : Special short-term contract with possibility of extension
Fluency in English and Greek is required.
• Accountability - accepts and gives constructive criticism
• Client Orientation - identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
• Continuous Learning - demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
• Creativity and Initiative - proactively develops new ways to solve problems
• Leadership and Negotiation - provides constructive feedback to colleagues
• Communication - listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Planning and Organizing - sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others.
• Professionalism - Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to the relevant cultural contexts
• Teamwork - contributes to a collegial team environment; works effectively with people from different cultures by
adapting to relevant cultural contexts
• Technological Awareness - proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
• Effectively applies knowledge of legal issues within organizational context;
• Correctly frames legal issues within their regional, global, and political context;
• Effectively provides sound and clear legal advice using knowledge of IOM mandate, international and
regional legal frameworks, and other relevant laws and jurisprudence.
• Background working with refugees or migrants will be a distinct advantage