The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Title: Community Engagement and Accountability Officer- CEA Officer Location: Northern Greece Type of Contract: Fixed term with possibility of Extension
Application Deadline: 18 April 2017
The applications will be processed as they come and the position maybe filled before the deadline
The largest movement of displaced people through Europe’s borders since World War Two occurred in 2015. During that year, 1.1 million crossed into Turkey, and one million migrants made a dangerous journey across the Mediterranean. Around 850 000 crossed via Turkey to Greece. This year, in 2016, several thousands of migrants arrived in Greece and have been unable to travel on through Europe because of closed borders with neighbouring countries.
The International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC) in partnership with the Hellenic Red Cross seeks a CEA Officer based in the sites in North Greece.
The Community Engagement Officer will be responsible to assure that the agreed CEA plans of work and processes are followed in their respective assigned areas, providing consistent service delivery, quality advice and support to relevant stakeholders. The post holder is therefore accountable for:
a. Identifying main information needs of the migrant communities living in the reception sites and pertinent communication channels between these migrant communities and Red Cross staff and volunteers.
- Conducting interviews and recording information from the reception sites, in addition to needs assessment for CEA issues.
b. Supporting RC field staff in the development of effective two-way communication channels with migrants and host communities and in the provision of timely and reliable information.
- Support the design and production of communication material, insuring the dissemination in the sites
- Providing guidance to field staff on the application of CEA tools.
- Facilitating communication with the host communities
c. Ensuring that migrants feedback is collected and provide this information to the relevant RC field and management staff in order to act upon it.
- Designing tools to collect feedback on the living conditions in the reception sites.
d. Ensuring coordination, knowledge and skill sharing with RC field and management staff and any other relevant stakeholder.
- Assuring good coordination with relevant focal points; participating in technical working groups, sharing the guidelines and methodologies with relevant focal points, supporting trainings to all programmes on the CEA approach.
Duties Applicable to All Staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the needed goals of the organization.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent principles.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
Requirements for the Role:
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken)
- Relevant University degree or equivalent Experience
- Social work and familiarity with community based activities
- Facilitation and organizational skills
- Very good Greek and English languages are required
- Arabic Language speakers will be prioritized
- Experience within the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement or other Humanitarian Organizations will be preferred
- Good attention to detail
Interested candidates should send English CV and Cover letter to the following e-mail address: email@example.com Please mention the Position Title in the subject of the e-mail. Only candidates who have valid work permits will be shortlisted; if they fit the other criteria. All CVs will be treated with strict confidentiality