The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Title: 1 General Medical Doctor and 1 Paediatrician
Location: Ritsona Camp
Type of Contract: Fixed Term with possibility of Extension
Application Deadline: 27th March 2017
Residents of Chalkida and nearby areas are encouraged to apply
The largest movement of displaced people through Europe’s borders since World War Two occurred in 2015. During that year, 1.1 million crossed into Turkey, and one million migrants made a dangerous journey across the Mediterranean. Around 850 000 crossed via Turkey to Greece. This year, in 2016, several thousands of migrants arrived in Greece and have been unable to travel on through Europe because of closed borders with neighbouring countries.
• Provide general medical care in the Red Cross Clinic, following the relevant guidelines under supervision of Team Leader or delegate Doctor in charge.
• Consult if necessary RC colleagues as required by case.
• Record in English in the patient charts, all clinical interventions according to ODK reporting requirements.
• Report clinical trends/epidemiological findings if required according to MoH requirements and to RC Clinic guidelines
• Liaise, if necessary and required with local health authorities and other health providers.
• Share and develop clinical skills with the RC Clinic colleagues as part of a mutual capacity building objective.
• Attend in clinical training sessions when requested by the supervisor
Requirements for the Role:
• Work respecting the Red Cross/Red Crescent principles and the staff Code of Conduct
• Good level of English, spoken and written
• Certified and licensed Medical Doctor in Greece
Interested candidates should send English CV and Cover letter to the following e-mail address: email@example.com Please mention the Position Title in the subject of the e-mail. Only candidates who have valid work permits will be shortlisted; if they fit the other criteria.
All CVs will be treated with strict confidentiality.