Doctoral students in business administration with specialisation in international strategy/international business
Doctoral students in business administration with specialisation in international strategy/international business to the Department of Marketing
Full-time (100%) position.
Field of subject for the appointment: Business administration with specialisation in international strategy/international business.
Job description: In accordance with the Higher Education Ordinance, PhD education consists of four years (48 months) of full-time research and training at third-cycle level. The doctoral student is assessed on an annual basis following the general and individual study plans. A maximum of 20% of teaching and/or administration can be included in the position, and the position will be extended accordingly.
The doctoral studies will be carried out within the frame of the research group International Strategy/International Business. Here, studies are conducted on firms' strategies and business operations across country borders. Topics include, for example, corporate international strategies, internationalization, entry into foreign markets, competitive strategies and innovations for foreign markets, and responsiveness to local institutional settings.
A candidate fulfils the general entry requirements if she/he has
• Completed a Master of Science degree or the equivalent in business administration.
• Completed courses totalling at least 240 higher education credits (ETCS), of which at least 60 must be at second-cycle level in a related field, or have acquired essentially equivalent knowledge in Sweden or abroad.
The specific prerequisites are
• At least 60 credits including a master thesis in marketing and/or international strategy and/or international business or the equivalent
• High proficiency in written and spoken English
The candidates are assessed based on their perceived ability to successfully complete their doctoral studies. Indications of this ability mainly include:
• The quality of the master thesis and other relevant works
• Experience of research, in particular research in the area of the research group mentioned above.
• Practical experience in relevant fields
• Grades in courses in the first and second cycle education
• Evidence of relevant personal qualities such as creativity, problem-solving ability, ability to work in teams, independence and resilience
• Opinions from reference persons
• Degree of oral and written communication skills as demonstrated e.g. in interviews and written communication
Conditions of employment
The appointment as a doctoral student is limited in time. The appointee is evaluated on an annual basis depending on the progress in the third-cycle education. Given that there are positive evaluations, the appointment is extended. The total length of the appointment cannot exceed the equivalent of four years of full-time education at third-cycle level.
Start of appointment: The position will start 2017-07-15 unless agreed upon otherwise.
Applications: Application is made through www.lnu.se. Closing date for application is 28th February 2017. Mark your application with reference number 2016/7074-2.2.1. The application (in English) should include a CV (including telephone number, e-mail address, current address and date of birth), application letter (maximum two pages) containing descriptions of reasons for applying, compliance with the assessment criteria and expectations for PhD studies, signed copies of documents detailing grades for courses completed, signed copies of degrees awarded and proof of the required basic qualifications and the other assessment criteria given above, summary (maximum two pages) of the Master's thesis, name and contact information (including title, affiliation, telephone number and e-mail address) of two references and any other relevant documents. You should also fill out and attach the following form Application for third-cycle education at Linnaeus University that you will find on our website: https://medarbetare.lnu.se/polopoly_fs/1.62633!Ansokningsblankett_forskarniva_eng.pdf
Placement city: Kalmar or Vaxjo
For further information contact: head of department, Katarina Zambrell, phone +4670-603 99 79, firstname.lastname@example.org or doctoral programme director Christopher von Koch, phone +46470-70 82 22 email@example.com.General questions about the appointment are answered by human resources consultant Leif Eriksson, phone +46480-44 60 28 firstname.lastname@example.org.
apply here: https://lnu.se/mot-linneuniversitetet/Lediga-jobb/?rmpage=job&rmjob=2508