Θέσεις Εργασίας : Call of interest for one research assistant in Bioanalytical Chemistry at the Biotechnology Division of the Biomedical Research Foundation Academy of Athens (BRFAA).
Call of interest for one research assistant in Bioanalytical Chemistry at the Biotechnology Division of the Biomedical Research Foundation Academy of Athens (BRFAA).
BRFAA is interested in employing a PhD candidate for a research program entitled “Bio-Explore – Biotechnology for the Exploitation of Microalgae". The position is funded by the SYNERGASIA program.
The research assistant (RA) will work on the analysis of chlorella and fish species using multidimensional liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry methods. Moreover, the researcher will implement the integrated analysis of both the proteome and metabolome content of chlorella and fish specimens along with their bioinformatics data curation to decipher novel mechanisms of primary (fatty and amino acids, vitamins, isoprostanes, etc.) and secondary (carotenoid) metabolism.
The following qualifications are required:
• MSc in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Biology, Nutrition or related discipline, or an MD.
• Proven experience in size exclusion, hydrophilic interaction, ion-exchange and reverse phase chromatography and their orthogonal application in the extraction, purification and separation of proteins, peptides and metabolites (I.e. fatty acids, amino acids, carotenoids, folates, etc.)
• Good knowledge on the nutritional aspects of omega-3 fatty acids, amino acids, and carotenoids along with potentially using microalgae as functional foods.
• Good knowledge of quantitative mass spectrometry techniques (I.e. combined with iTRAQ, TMT, and other stable isotope labeling)
• Good knowledge of proteomics / metabolomic bioinformatics approaches (I.e. peptide sequencing, mass spectral interpretation, protein quantification. DAVID, hierarchical clustering, PCA, Ingenuity Pathways analysis)
• Excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of the English language
The position is announced for two years with the possibility for renewal and will commence on December 16, 2012. Interested candidates please email and CV to Dr. Sophia Kossida (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Spiros D. Garbis (email@example.com) including the names of three referees and a letter of intent by 15-AUG-2012.
Deadline for applications December the 16th, 2012